Now Picking Sunflowers $5 - 2 Stems $10 for a 5 stem bundle $20 for an all you can fill bucket. Peaches Early season fruit picking. Peaches seem to be a bit softer this year. Please take great care as you place them in your bags so that they don't bruise.
Blueberries Good picking for blueberries, please call for the most current conditions.
Picking containers: Cost is $1.25 for a pail or flat. Raspberries are picked in quart containers for 25¢. There is a $5 minimum purchase for up to 5 people, add $2 per person to the minimum for a group of larger than 5 people. Basically- you agree to pick at least $5 worth of PYO products when you come which includes the wagon ride and 1 sample.
Coming Soon Fall Raspberries - Approx. Aug. 7th Peaches - Approx. Aug. 5th
Here are a few changes at Spicer's Masks: When Indoors: Masks are required indoors in Michigan. You must wear a mask when you enter.
Outside - You don't need to wear a mask unless you are within 6 ft of someone that isn't in your group. It's good to have one handy in case you're within 6 ft. Masks are required on the wagon.
Market -has been rearranged for 1 way traffic -Floor is taped for social distancing -Self serve items, like coffee, have been turned around. -Plexiglas barriers have been installed at checkouts -sampling stations closed, items still available for purchase -employees wearing masks -hand sanitizing and hand washing stations are added -added sanitation of touch point areas/restrooms -added deep cleaning U-Pick Changes -Que lines at the market and field with distancing. -Wagons are reduced capacity, social distances, added barriers -New procedures for PYO purchases -Fruit weigh station now located outside and is touchless -Pick up of containers is now located outside
FAQs 1. Inclement Weather: Spicer's will close the PYO Orchards in the event of inclement weather. If there is thunder or lightening in the area the PYO will be closed until at least 30 minutes after the storm has passed. If there is a steady rain at the beginning of the day, we may close for the day. Fields become muddy and tractors can get stuck even if the rain passes, it takes time for nature to dry out. If have an event planned, such as a field trip, please call in advance to confirm your outing.
2. Come prepared for Farm Conditions. Close toed shoes or mud boots, sunscreen, sweaters, or even rain jackets. Most of our activities are outdoor.
3. Be aware that most of our activities are in Active Farm fields, so rugged terrain, dips in the ground, and animals burrows are common. Naturally occurring insects, such as honey bees, are present on our farm.
4. Customers are expected to ride the wagon to and from PYO areas. Walking in areas outside of PYO area is discouraged.
5. Customers should refrain from using offensive and derogatory language and/or behavior in the orchards and playground areas. We are a positive family farm, and want to encourage a safe environment for all.
6. Please enjoy our Wines and Hard Cider at home. Alcohol is not permitted anywhere outside of the winery building.
7. Dogs are prohibited. Spicer's follows Michigan's Good Agricultural practices which does not allow dogs in food growing areas. Thanks for understanding.