We Are Open The Market is open 12pm-6pm. We have Apples, Cider, Donuts, Fudge, Ice Cream, etc.
Strawberry Update 5/20 Pick your own will be open! We are hopeful for Strawberries in Mid June. We will be selling pre-picked Strawberries in the market and curbside. Call ahead to order flats! (810) 632-7692
Playground and Farm Animals Currently closed for renovations. New barns for the animals and reorganizing of pens.
Here are a few changes at Spicer's Market -has been rearranged for 1 way traffic -Floor is taped for social distancing -Self serve items, like coffee, have been turned around. -plexiglass barriers have been installed at checkouts -sampling stations closed, items still available for purchase -employees wearing masks -hand sanitizing and hand washing stations are added -added sanitation of touch point areas/restrooms -added deep cleaning PYO Changes -Que lines at the market and field with distancing. -Wagons are reduced capacity, social distances, added barriers -New procedures for PYO purchases -Fruit weigh station now located outside and is touchless -Pick up of containers is now located outside -Picking container cost $1.25 (same as last year). There is a $5 minimum fruit purchase for up to 5 people, add $2 per person to the minimum for a group of larger than 5 people.
FAQs 1. Inclement Weather: Spicer's will close the PYO Orchards in the event of inclement weather. If there is thunder or lightening in the area the PYO will be closed until at least 30 minutes after the storm has passed. If there is a steady rain at the beginning of the day, we may close for the day. Fields become muddy and tractors can get stuck even if the rain passes, it takes time for nature to dry out. If have an event planned, such as a field trip, please call in advance to confirm your outing.
2. Come prepared for Farm Conditions. Close toed shoes or mud boots, sunscreen, sweaters, or even rain jackets. Most of our activities are outdoor.
3. Be aware that most of our activities are in Active Farm fields, so rugged terrain, dips in the ground, and animals burrows are common. Naturally occurring insects, such as honey bees, are present on our farm.
4. Customers are expected to ride the wagon to and from PYO areas. Walking in areas outside of PYO area is discouraged.
5. Customers should refrain from using offensive and derogatory language and/or behavior in the orchards and playground areas. We are a positive family farm, and want to encourage a safe environment for all.
6. Please enjoy our Wines and Hard Cider at home. Alcohol is not permitted anywhere outside of the winery building.
7. Dogs are prohibited. Spicer's follows Michigan's Good Agricultural practices which does not allow dogs in food growing areas. Thanks for understanding.