Strawberries Are On Picking Conditions Picking is Good! Come on out! Clean, refrigerate, and use berries as soon as possible after picking. We have had very wet spring conditions which leads to berries containing large amounts of moisture which leads to shortened shelf life. Berries picked at farms are typically picked in "Ripe" condition, whereas, grocery store berries are picked green and ripen off the plant en-route to stores to lengthen shelf life. Please bring your own containers for picking. We have flats available for purchase. Have your own containers weighed before going out!
Winery is Open!! 10 am to 7 pm Everyday Lunch Cafe @ Winery 11 am to 5 pm Everday
Winery Tastings Tasting Options 7 - 1 oz. Tastes for $7 Flight 4 - 3 oz. Tastes for $14 Wine by the Glass 7 oz. $6 + Tax
In the Market Please call ahead to order Berries. Berries are hit or miss in the market. We try to anticipate the best we can, but we sometimes sell out. Fresh Donuts & Cider Cold Cider Slushies Fudge & Ashby Ice Cream Playground and Farm Animals!! 8 am to 7 pm Everyday! Last wagon goes out at 5:30 pm
FAQs 1. Inclement Weather: Spicer's will close the PYO Orchards in the event of inclement weather. If there is thunder or lightening in the area the PYO will be closed until at least 30 minutes after the storm has passed. If there is a steady rain at the beginning of the day, we may close for the day. Fields become muddy and tractors can get stuck even if the rain passes, it takes time for nature to dry out. If have an event planned, such as a field trip, please call in advance to confirm your outing.
2. Come prepared for Farm Conditions. Close toed shoes or mud boots, sunscreen, sweaters, or even rain jackets. Most of our activities are outdoor.
3. Be aware that most of our activities are in Active Farm fields, so rugged terrain, dips in the ground, and animals burrows are common. Naturally occurring insects, such as honey bees, are present on our farm.
4. Customers are expected to ride the wagon to and from PYO areas. Walking in areas outside of PYO area is discouraged.
5. Customers should refrain from using offensive and derogatory language and/or behavior in the orchards and playground areas. We are a positive family farm, and want to encourage a safe environment for all.
6. Please enjoy our Wines and Hard Cider at home. Alcohol is not permitted anywhere outside of the winery building.